1. Can a state give its citizens more rights than the federal government? Explain why or why not. 10pts.
2. What restrictions does the Fourth Amendment place on private security guards, such as store detectives or private investigators? 10pts.
3. Rewrite the Second Amendment as though you were asked to address contemporary concerns. 10pts.
4. Imagine that you are an attorney asked to defend nude dancing as an act of expression that should be allowed in a bar. What would you say to represent your clients interests? Include an explanation of whether nude dancing could be considered speech. 20pts.
5. Could a country such as the United States function without a federal constitution? Why or why not? Would it be possible for each state to merely abide by its own constitution? Explain. 20pts.
6. Draft a scenario in which a routine interaction between a citizen in a public place and the police could result in a continuing escalation from reasonable suspicion to probable cause, and what the results to each party would be. 20pts.
7. The defendant was playing cards in the garage of a friends house when the police entered. The police saw the defendant walk to the corner of the garage and reach behind a tool cabinet. The police notice the defendant hands were empty and searched behind the tool cabinet where they found a plastic bag with cocaine in it. The police arrested the defendant and found drug paraphernalia in his fanny pack. The defendant was a short term social guest at his friends house. Did the defendant have a reasonable expectation of privacy that was protected by the federal constitution? Explain. 15pts.
8. Presume that the state in which they are located constitution has a provision that is virtually identical to the federal provision. Is the state Supreme Court required to interpret its constitution in the same way the US Supreme court interprets its federal counterpart? Why? 15pts.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more