This self-evaluation is intended to encourage you to think critically and reflectively about your work and your learning in our English 101 class.
Asking students to reflect on their performance is one way to deepen understanding so that you can apply what you’ve learned to new situations, and it’s a graceful, constructive and low-stress way to end the quarter. And, importantly, reflections help me to always work to develop classrooms in which all students thrive. Your comments will help me to understand how the class went for you. .
To receive the full 50 points, please respond to the questions/prompts in detail, with examples to illustrate your points. A response that receives full credit is a minimum 500 words. A response that is 400+ words but not yet 500 will receive 25 points. A response that is less than 400 words will receive 0 points.
Please use first-person (I) point of view and write in a way that helps you to express your ideas clearly and powerfully for me, your audience. Feel free to be candid: This response may be more informal/conversational than a formal academic paper. However, it should still be organized and polished and achieve your purpose.
Please choose 3-4 of the following questions/prompts to answer.
1. Look back at the syllabus to review the major objectives of our English 101 class. Then write about what you have accomplished/learned that is connected to some of those objectives.
2. Write about the most important insights you have gained over the course of the quarter. Where are you now, versus where you started as a college researcher and writer?
3. What did you discover about yourself as a learner/scholar this quarter? How could you use this knowledge to set goals for future classes?
4. Write about your greatest successes this quarter and what you would do differently, if you could start over.
5. Write about the most surprising moment in class.
6. Write about what you hope that I (Mary) learned about you over the course of the quarter. (I know this is a strange question but if you answer it, please explain your ideas in detail.)
7. Let yourself imagine how you might be able to apply your knowledge and skills from our class in the future, in future classes and/or in your life outside of school. Explain your thinking.
8. Imagine that you have the opportunity to share your experience in our class to help students taking the class next quarter do their best work. What suggestions would you give those students? What were the most challenging parts of the class and what advice do you have for students to deal with those challenges?
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more